Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Baffle 2.1

So the pathetic ball and duct tape baffle didn't last very long either. I think we stumped the squirrels for about 6 hours. Finally they figured out that they could drape themselves across the ball and still reach the rope on the other side. Plus the Pam spray dried up after a few hours.
So I was at the grocery store and figured that maybe what we needed was a second ball. I found a cheap purple one and brought it home. I was going out of town for the weekend, so I left it prominently on the kitchen island, assuming Dale would know what to do with it.
And he did. Dale boldly went out and added the purple ball, taping it on the other side from the orange ball and wrapping the entire structure in duct tape. Now we had perhaps the ugliest structure ever seen: purple, orange, yellow, and brown duct tape. All hanging above a dingy old bird feeder. Wow.

No comments: