Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Shocking Discoveries

So tonight I faced my first big sacrifice with the whole Made in China thing. I've been looking for this game from my childhood - a game I loved greatly - called Mastermind. It was a great puzzle game - perfect for 2 people. And tonight, I FINALLY found that game again. Mastermind! The very game I'd been looking for for years! And of course, it was made in China. Oh well.
Then, Dale and I took a stroll through the Williams Sonoma. Now, when we were in Target the other day, we found a KitchenAid hand mixer for about $40. Made in China, of course. At the Williams Sonoma, we found another hand mixer, Kitchen Aid, for $90. I figured that perhaps the bigger price was due to being made in America - but I was wrong! It was also made in China. Boy, Williams Sonoma sure knows how to charge a lot of money for Chinese products!

5 comments:

Erin Brown said...

A solution to your problems might be yard sailing. And that board game sounds familiar, there is a slim chance it might be buried in my closet. I'll look when it's a godly hour...

Anonymous said...

You should look in our attic and at the games on the bottom shelf in the Guest Room.

Anonymous said...

You do realize, I hope, that early-purchased Christmas presents may have been made in China! I suggest that you don't look at the boxes when they are unwrapped.

Elaine said...

Santa! Please tell me YOU haven't outsourced your toy making! I'm assuming that any already-purchased gifts were made in the North Pole...

Anonymous said...

Good Decision! Santa always does the right thing regardless of what boxes might say. My elves make the presents, but I outsource the boxes. Seems fair.