Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Yep, I'm Old

I'm officially old now, because I'm very tempted to write a blog entry about my recent illnesses. I was going to make it funny, but really, it would still be a catalog of illness. I think I'm trying to sort through it all - because we're not talking about suffering through 3 weeks of flu here. My recent ill health is more like a whirlwind 20 city tour of Europe than a 3 month stay in a small Irish village. Flu! Muscle Pain! Asthma complications! Laryngitis! etc!

However, I think a key for me is to keep my perspective accurate. For example, I know a woman whose 9 year old daughter has cancer. That pretty much always reminds me that I'm just a big whiny baby. Also, I'm still able to walk and talk and eat and keep food down. These are all good things. I haven't lost any mental ability, also a good thing. I may be out of town but I'm in a nice safe hotel with a decent bathtub and free Internet access. All good things.

So here's to keeping my perspective while I fight off every single germ that has existed since the dawn of time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! It is now March 18. Your readers are ready for something new.