Monday, December 7, 2009

You Go, Football Player Witness!

So during some of the football this weekend, I noticed a player with a bible verse written in his eye darkening patches. (I don't know the official term). I THINK it was Tim Tebow, but don't hate me if I'm wrong. Anyway, the verse was John 16:33. And I felt a bit cynical. Sort of like, yeah, sure, make a big deal about your faith. Like that's really going to change anyone's life.
And then this morning, on my friends' blog, I read this. And I was very impressed. My friend Kerry has shed all her possessions and, after a long journey, is finally moving overseas to bring hope and love to children living in a slum. And Tim Tebow's verse spoke to her. So I apologize to all football players who like to broadcast their faith. You go!

4 comments:

Fran said...

Tim Tebow seems to be the real thing. I understand your cynicism, but I think he really means it.

Kerry said...

Thanks girl... I love you.

Anonymous said...

I too can understand your cynicism, but Tim Tebow is the real deal. He was born to missionary parents in the Philippines and has spent his recent summers in the Philippines working in his dad's orphanage and so much more. You should check out his wiki page, it probably has some of that info on there.

Emma Pope said...

Great job getting the football player right! He does the verse thing for every game. Aparently he's a great public speaker too. That verse is one of my favorites as well, so I have to give him points for that.