Monday, July 19, 2010

The sheer goodness of life

There are times when I feel broken down and beat up, sore-hearted for this world filled with pain, a world where God's will is not done and so many suffer. There are times when I just cannot believe how rude someone is, or times when I want to strangle every driver on the road. There are even (gasp) times when I come home from work and don't want to say a word to anyone.

But.

My life is amazing. Ever since our pilgrimage last month, I've been reminded constantly at how awesome the life I'm living is. I am working my dream job. I have time to pursue a second career in writing. I have a husband who is compatible with me, who adores me, who makes me laugh, and who comforts me when I cry, and calls me out on my B.S. I have three cats, two of whom are fantastic and the other, well, she can be amusing at times. I have a house. We have no debt. I am healthy. I get to eat what I want to eat, when I want to eat it - I can choose to restrict my calories or binge. I have a relationship with God that sustains and fulfills me. I am literate and have basic human rights regardless of my gender. I have the right to vote. I have friends and family who love me and who I love. Life is good.

1 comment:

Fran said...

Amen! And gratitude helps us remember it.