Monday, August 16, 2010

Rebellion

I have been counting calories (only 1500 per day) since January. I've lost, oh, maybe 5 pounds, depending on the day and my water weight. I've been hungry a lot. For hours a day. I've been working out, doing cardio and hot yoga.
And today I woke up and just wasn't ready to do it anymore. So I poured a big bowl of cereal - no counting of the mini-wheats today. I didn't go on my morning bike ride, because my body was sore all over. This week, I'm just rebelling. I just ain't doing it this week, I'm not counting calories, I'm not trying to make good decisions about what to eat, not going to work out unless I want to, etc.
I'm sure this is a temporary rebellion. If not, oh well. I'm healthy, I'm at a healthy weight even if my body isn't cover girl perfect, and I'm just plain tired of being hungry all the time. Eat protein. Nope, still hungry. Eat vegetables and fruits. Nope, still hungry. Wanna know what quenches my hunger? carbs and sugar.
So i'm just going to let myself go this week, give myself a week off from all my disciplines. Tomorrow I'm planning to join a road trip to go see a comedian do children's story hour at a library. This is a week to relax.

1 comment:

Fran said...

Maybe you need to read "Women, Food, and God."