Monday, May 16, 2011

The on-the-go mom

Dale and I were talking the other day (which is always dangerous), and we came up with the best idea! We were discussing how I plan to buy a backpack diaper bag, because I'm just not OK with loading up one shoulder. Additionally, I plan to use a baby carrier (the kind that goes up against my body) as much as possible, because I also don't want to lug around a giant car seat. When your back is as touchy as mine, doing an uneven load like that (bag on one shoulder, carrier dangling from the other arm) is just a bad idea.
So there I'll be, a diaper bag behind me, a baby in front of me. How could I get more done? Well, they have these lovely hands free breast pump bras. The idea is that you can attach the bottles to each boob and go about your day, as in the picture below:

But since I'll be running around with a baby in front and a bag in back, I need somewhere else to store the bottles. Enter our invention! We will convert a beer hat into a bottle hat - the pump will directly deposit my milk into a hat on my head, a hat similar to this!

Are we geniuses or what?

5 comments:

Sallie said...

Genius!

Susan said...

Wow! I'm in awe. Make sure you get the hiker's backpack that has the direct water tube on the shoulder and the bladder in the bag. Water in, milk out... Dale, have you designed that "Got Milk" mama t-shirt yet?

Fran said...

I can hardly wait to see it!

Pattie said...

Ha! Love it.

qlluevacafe said...

Oh dear.