Saturday, January 5, 2008

2008

So, we started out the year with our usual movie marathon: Steve Martin this year. After a few days of freezing cold, offset by mom and dad's hot tub, we headed home to Raleigh, to hungry cats and old Christmas decorations. We got them all taken down and almost all put away when Dale's back gave out. Happy New Year.
On the good news side, the house was in pretty good shape when we returned - no massive cat-related destruction to be found. Our petsitters were wonderful, and the cats must have thought so too! We also got our christmas letter sent out, a bit late but better late than never. I have a new bookcase in my office, and I'm just thrilled to see empty bookshelf space! There is nothing more beautiful than that! One day I'll have to clean out my books, but it won't be until this summer. My classes start Monday. Dale's classes don't start until February, and then he gets to graduate in May. Lucky Duck.

4 comments:

Erin Brown said...

*Sigh* Me and my one long week more of glorious and free vacation...what will I do with all that time I have? Maybe rub it in a little more!

Elaine said...

How rude!

Erin Brown said...

That's right, because I'm always rude around you!

Elaine said...

Yes, that's true. Sigh. Maybe I should start being rude around YOU!