Monday, July 7, 2008

How Do I See?

OK, there's actually a good point in this chapter that must be acknowledged.
"There are many people who have good eyes but who never see all the beautiful things God has made."
Last week, Dale and I went for a hike with my parents in the Smokies. It was a beautiful day. The path was mostly paved, but we still saw a mother bear and her 3 cubs. The waterfall we went to was a fraction of its normal size (due to drought), but it was still refreshing and lovely. And while we were on this path, listening to birds sing and watching for bears and staring at amazing mountain vistas shielded by leafed out trees, we saw 2 teenage girls in a big group. They were stomping down the mountain, staring at their feet and listening to their iPods. I could hear their music, it was so loud.
Those poor girls were wasting their good eyes and good ears. They missed all the true beauty around them. I guess I need to buy them a copy of this book...

1 comment:

Kerry said...

You need to buy ME a copy of that book. It's hilarious!!