Sunday, July 6, 2008

How do I Grow?

The next chapter in my favorite book, Can You Tell Me?
This chapter is really not terribly interesting. Although it does point out that when a child isn't sleeping, that child has to eat in order to stay alive. Good point, that one. The best line is the next sentence: "And you grow by eating."
At first I questioned this. We grow by eating? Don't we grow by our bodies building up to a certain point and then developing thanks to hormones, etc? I mean, I'm not getting any taller, nor are my arms getting longer (which is good, as I can already double-wrap them around people). But then I realized that yes, sadly, I am still growing! And in fact, I am growing because I'm eating! My stomach and thighs apparently have a whole lot of growing potential left in them.
So I have to hand it to Dena Korfkor - she speaks the truth. I think I need to go mix up some chocolate chip cookies and eat the raw dough for dinner. I want my thighs and stomach to reach their full potential, after all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let's hear it for chocolate chip cookies! Let's hear it for skirts that minimize thighs!