Friday, October 24, 2008

The Book

I'm writing a book. Keeping readers of the blog informed of my progress will be part of my discipline. I'll be writing 1 chapter a week for the next 38 weeks. And no, I won't be sharing those chapters with anyone. I have good reason - they will be really bad first drafts, and Anne Lamott in "Bird by Bird" says you should never let anyone see your first drafts.
I will give Duchess, the amazing peeing cat, away to the first person who correctly guesses what my book is about (those who already know can't play).

OK, OK, Katie, you don't have to call the animal shelter, of course I won't really give Duchess away. Unless she pees on the floor again. No, just kidding. But seriously...

5 comments:

Erin Brown said...

Oh great! I hope it's the one about Utah seceding!

Kerry said...

Is it the one about mutant chickens? I loved that idea.

Anonymous said...

I won't even try to guess. Grady would eat poor Duchess alive!

Anonymous said...

Poor little unloved kitty.

Anonymous said...

Chapter 1: How I Vex My Kitty
Chapter 2: How I Deserve My Punishments