Friday, November 14, 2008

Jesus' bumper stickers

I spend a lot of time imagining what heaven is like. I imagine it's a place where sip-stealing is not just tolerated, it's encouraged. When you go to the "Golden Arches", your burger is always made to your exact specifications without you having to even ask. There's only 1 channel on the TV, but it's always playing what you want to watch....without commercial interruption.

So, I was wondering...when Jesus is scooting around the highways and byways of the great beyond in his Smart Car, what kind of bumper stickers does he have? (This is generally how I spend my time, I let Elaine ponder the heavy spiritual stuff.) Here's my guess:

1. Kucinich '08
2. My Dad can beat up your Dad
3. My Other Car is a Donkey
4. Real Men Love Me
5. Protestant since 1517

He may/may not have an NCSU sticker in his window. I mean, Jesus was all about suffering, and well....NCSU athletics is about as pathetic as you can get in the world of college sports.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"In Case of Rapture, This Car Will Be . .well, A Car"

Elaine said...

I like "Real Men Love Me"...

Anonymous said...

I vote for one I've seen: Who Would Jesus Bomb? One could go on to suggest: Who Would Jesus Feed? or Love Your Enemies.

Clever Idea, Dale. It would be fun if everyone weighed in with a suggestion or two.