Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Mysterious 8 Pounds

Yesterday I went to the doctor. And they weighed me. Of course, I was fully clothed, with shoes on, but still, the number seemed a bit high. Especially given that I had hardly eaten anything all day (raisins, carrots, orange, some yogurt). But I shrugged it off.

Until today. Today, after a nice big breakfast and lunch and a workout, I weighed myself. Needless to say, in the privacy of my bathroom, I was naked. And I weighed EIGHT pounds less. EIGHT! Where did those 8 pounds go? How is it possible to eat more and lose weight? I can guarantee you that my clothing and shoes do not weigh 8 pounds.

There is only 1 logical solution. The doctor's scales are off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My experience over many years is that doctor's scales always weigh heavy! Home scales are the only ones to consider.