Sunday, October 21, 2007

iPhone commercial

So I've been enjoying the new iPhone commercials where someone stands in front of a black backdrop and talk about how they use their iPhone. Dale and I decided how my commercial would go:
"Hi, I'm Elaine, a full time divinity student with an iPhone. My husband and I use to have light hearted disagreements about trivial issues, and we also use to spend time idly wondering about random things like how milk becomes cheese. Now that I have my iPhone, we can resolve our disagreements, as well as satisfy our random curiosity, at the touch of a button. It's great to drive past a sign for the Hiddenite Center Museum and be able to find out exactly what it is! It's also very vindicating to find out that I'm right, yet again, when we dispute the rotation time of the moon. I guess I could be wrong sometimes, but signals can be so unreliable, especially while driving..."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're such a chip off the old block---but always (well nearly always) right, of course!

Anonymous said...

You really don't want to know how milk becomes cheese. It is a disgusting process, making me wonder why eat cheese at all!

Elaine said...

I don't want to know a lot of things, like how a chicken goes from pecking the dirt to lining a styrofoam pan, or how mushrooms are grown in manure, or how George W. Bush got elected TWICE (well, I guess really just once if you get right down to it), but sadly, these tidbits of information are just a click away...

Anonymous said...

All information---far too much information for us to assimilate and deal with---is only a click away on an iphone or the internet or the TV. Fortunately we can choose not to do the clicking and maintain our sanity in spite of it all!

qlluevacafe said...

You're insane.