Monday, January 26, 2009

7 quick takes

I got this from the lovely 10 Minute Writer blog. (I was a guest blogger there recently, check it out in past posts).
1) This morning, I walked into a door and I think I bruised my cheekbone. Seriously.
2) Gran Torino is a great movie which examines what happens when a person chooses to try redemptive violence and redemptive suffering. The movie gives a pretty clear message about which is more effective, but without being preachy or moralistic.
3) I'm gonna go work out after this post.
4) School is busy.
5) I have a job! Without writing my resume, searching the web, or doing a single interview, I have a job waiting for me in July when classes are over! Dreams do come true!
6) I'm going to try reading a textbook while I work out. It's a very boring text, but if my heart rate is 130, I probably won't fall asleep reading it.
7) I still love the hot tub.

4 comments:

qlluevacafe said...

What is "7 quick takes"? Are they just random snapshots of your day?

Elaine said...

Yeah, basically.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your job! That's awesome!

Kerry said...

Um... Job info please?