Saturday, April 10, 2010

Gardening

Today I spent gardening! I'm hoping to develop the greenness of my thumb. I had $180 to spend at the nursery and spent $178 of it, pretty good! Then I planted. And planted. And planted.
I planted 3 kinds of ground cover under my cedar and dogwood trees - hoping to find one that really works. I planted some impatiens and petunias in the front of my front bed, so I'll still have some color there after the daffodils are finished. I did a ton of weeding in the backyard - nasty unpleasant sticky plants! Then I planted a bleeding heart plant and a hosta in my back garden - I hope it's not too sunny for them. I love bleeding heart plants. Finally I planted some more vinca and mondo grass. Slowly but surely, I will eradicate the Japanese weed grass that loves to take over the back yard. Then to top things off, Dale and I planted a variegated pink dogwood in the back yard. I think it will be very happy there, in the full shade of our tented yard.

No comments: