Sunday, April 4, 2010

Good Friday Prayer Vigil

We had our annual Good Friday Prayer Vigil 2 days ago. It was really great, even if I did organize it and do half the work in setting it up. :) Just some of the conversations I had made all the work worth it - a friend and I slaved for 2 days straight to create a Stations of the Cross experience and I think it was really great. You can check out the album on my Facebook page. It was funny - I was a little disappointed in the turnout, but knowing how much people were touched by the experience makes me realize I would do it all again. It makes me think about all the effort God puts forth to save one person, to touch one person's life. Why should my ministry be any different?
Still, I'm very glad that I scheduled a pilgrimage for myself this week. I'll have time to rest and reflect in one of my favorite cities, DC, at peak cherry blossom time with warm weather! God is smiling on me.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Spirituality is a discipline. It can be very hard to get people to embrace this discipline. What you did was a wonderful experience for those who participated. It kind of reminds me of God: He sets out all kinds of spiritual blessings for us. When we participate we are blessed. When we don't, we just lose out. I imagine that God feels disappointed in us, but He keeps the Spiritual Buffet going as long as there is hope for us.