Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Latest hypothetical conversation

Dale and I, while enjoying the hot tub Sunday night, had the following purely hypothetical conversation.
me: If we accidentally got pregnant with twins, wouldn't it be cool to name them the male and female versions of the same name? Like Michelle and Michael?
Dale: I don't know.
me: Or like John and Jean.
Dale: How about Luke and Leia?
me: no, ewww.
Dale: Hey, Luke is a Biblical name. And so is Leia.
me: No, Leia's not Biblical. But Leah is. Leia is a pretty name. But what about the same name, just different genders.
Dale: And Luke and Leia make us sound like Star Wars nerds.
me: No, what makes us sound like Star Wars nerds would be if we named them Annakin and Amidala.
Dale: Good point.
me: So what about the same name - you're missing my point.
Dale. I'm not missing it, I'm ignoring it.
me: But wouldn't it be funny? Like Robert and Roberta?
Dale: Or Charles and Charlene?
me: Or Gene and Jean?
Dale: yeah, that would be funny.
me: yeah, we could tell everyone at Evergreen that we named the kids that as revenge, because we know they all wanted us to have babies.
Dale: Yeah, they'd be like which gene do you have, Penis Gene or Vagina Jean?
me: laughing
Dale: And then we'd just call them Penis and Gina
me: laughing.
Dale: laughing.
me: But I like the Hebrew option of naming them with full sentences.
Dale: Yeah, that's always good.
me: Or we should name them after qualities, but not qualities that everyone uses like faith, hope, or joy.
Dale: Yeah. We should use Generous
me: And Stalwart
Dale: Yes, Generous Prosperity.
me: laughing
Dale: And Stalwart ...
me: Fortress!
Dale: Yeah, that wouldn't get them beat up at all.
me: No! Who would dare to beat up Stalwart Fortress! What an awesome name!

And that, my friends, is how Dale and I decided that if we had hypothetical boy & girl twins, we would name them Generous Prosperity and Stalwart Fortress...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I have no other friends like you two. What a joy!

Boriqua said...

LOL If Rich and I were to have twins, we'd probably name them "Oh" and "S##t." ;)

Kerry said...

Soooo... Bort is out of the question now?

Alicia said...

You guys are awesome! Tee hee hee!!! And, Boriqua, I don't know you, but I think you might be my new BFF! LOL!!!