Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Nerves

Tonight I read the first draft of my first chapter of my novel. And MAN, I was a nervous wreck! Every time I take a step to make this book a reality, it becomes scarier. The writing was well received, but I'm still jittery. One of the writers stated why I'm so nervous pretty succinctly. She noted that it's ballsy to write about abortion, since no matter what I say, half my audience will hate it. And that's true. People in my own church will find it difficult to support me and this book. But if I ever felt like God was telling me something specific - it is to write this particular book at this particular time. And maybe it won't get published - but I sure think God wants me to try to publish it.
Whew!

2 comments:

Beth said...

I am currently reading "The War of Art" by Steven Pressfield, and while not so theologically sound, he makes a good point that when you're really supposed to do something, you will encounter "Resistance" at every turn. And Resistance will try everything (including nervousness and fear) to get you to stop working on whatever it is that you're working on. And you basically have to give Resistance the finger and get on with your work.

If you haven't read it, it's pretty fantastic so far. I'd recommend it. I can't wait to read the book!!

Elaine said...

Wow, sounds like a really good book!