Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Olivia is coming!

This is the season of Advent. A time of waiting for the celebration of Jesus' birth. And, this week, a time of waiting for Agent Dunham to come home from the parallel universe!
I'm very excited about tomorrow night's episode. It looks thrilling! How will Olivia get back? My money's on alt-Broyles assisting her. Will Fauxlivia return, die, or go into hiding? I suspect she'll go into hiding, because of course, that's the most thrilling option. I can't imagine how she would return, but maybe they've already planned for that - so I call a 20% chance that she'll vanish at the most climatic moment. Will Olivia discover what a dorkhead Peter's been with respect to Fauxlivia? Probably not in this episode. However, Peter will discover his mistake and I bet that's going to make for a lot of stomach churning anguish. (hooray! Who doesn't love seeing Peter go through stomach-churning anguish?) Once Olivia does discover, I suspect that will lead to big romantic complications. My vote? That the 2 of them move immediately into a post-relationship friendship, sort of Jerry-Elaine style. My prediction? The writers will have the 2 of them back together within 2011, this season or next. In other thoughts: I'm betting that Nina and Walter will not be shocked at Fauxlivia's exposure - there's a chance that Nina has already taken precautionary measure (I can only hope).
And of course, there's other concerns. Once they realize that Fauxlivia was setting them up, will our Fringe team continue to research and assemble the Machine? Will Sam help Olivia re-assimilate? Are there more Cortexiphan children for continued trips to the other side? Is Sam Weiss also the old man at the typewriter shop?

No comments: