Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Reverb 10, 12/8

Think about what makes you different and what you do that lights people up. Reflect on all the things that make you different – you’ll find they’re what make you beautiful.

Oh, this is a difficult one. I feel like I'll be bragging if I answer this. But I'll give it a go!
What makes me different? Is this what makes me different or what makes me unique? Because most of the differences I can think of aren't unique-maybe it would be easier to focus on unique. So what makes me unique? My DNA? Yes, plus my life experiences. But what else is there? Is there such a thing as "soul DNA"? Because my soul is also unique.
What lights people up around me? I know some people like the fact that I use my full name: Elaine Frances Bayless. That's a difference - I chose to keep my middle name rather than my maiden name. People enjoy laughing at my mispronunciations. Occasionally I can tell a good joke.
OK, my discomfort level continues to rise, I'm bailing on this one!

No comments: