Friday, March 11, 2011

Halfway There, 7 quick takes

1. Ai-yi-yi! The "nursery" is a messy mass of clutter!
2. Aside from my constant respiratory problems, this has been a really easy pregnancy. Hope the next 20 weeks are just as good.
3. I love being part of a cluster of pregnancies. Five of my friends, woohoo!
4. Being 36 has advantages. While I'm still quite ignorant, I have a fair amount of life knowledge that makes things easier: my looks are ever changing, so body changes aren't traumatic. Don't sweat the little stuff, and really, it's all little (see comment 1). If you don't want people butting in, don't invite them (the reason why Dale and I are keeping the name a secret). Other people's horror stories are just interesting conversation, not predictions.
5. Things that never interested me before are suddenly fascinating.
6. Being pregnant is more important than any of my other life goals.
7. While there's lots of fear and concern, it is outweighed by pregnancy joy and excitement. Probably hormones. Thank God!

No comments: