Thursday, April 28, 2011

I'm not scared, just annoyed.

I'm tired of people trying to manipulate behavior through fear. I'm tired of scaremongers and conspiracy theorists who don't understand statistics trying to "prove" their harebrained theories to me. I'm tired of the fact that Obama's birth certificate proves nothing to morons who espouse the birther movement (and yes, I call them morons with no apology, because if the one thing you demanded doesn't convince you, then you are a moron).
I'm tired of people telling me how to feed and raise my child based on their fears. Ultrasounds are not harmful. Vaccinations save lives. Non-organic food will not kill my child. A c-section birth does not mean I'm less of a woman. If I can't breast-feed, my child will survive.
People, let's use our brains. Try to comprehend statistical studies. Use some common sense. Look at the big picture. That's what I try to do.
So don't try to influence my behavior with your scare tactics. If you do, I'll just turn you off and any valuable insight you have will be lost in your barrage of fear mongering.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this post! Couldn't agree more!

Kerry said...

wow... who got under your skin?

qlluevacafe said...

I hate to tell you this but you will have ppl telling you the rest of your life how to raise your child. I got bombarded with ppl's suggestions when I was pregnant and I still do. I just smile and nod bc most of the advice is pretty extreme.

Don't let it ruin your day!

Unknown said...

Mostly what got under my skin was the people who still believe Obama is not born in Hawaii. :)