Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Oh, the guilt!

Today I went into our "crawl space" under our deck. It's more like a stoop space, as it's about 4' high. Anyway, we store our wheelbarrow and a bag of vole repellent gravel down there. So I lugged the bag of gravel into the wheelbarrow and out to the maple, as I planted there today. As I enlarged the opening in the bag of gravel, I realized to my horror that there was a bird's nest in there, complete with small pink and white eggs! Oh the guilt! With much sorrow, I gently took out the nest and returned it to the same location.
When I was done, I loaded up the wheelbarrow and took it back, because, well, we have no where else to store it. And then, oh so sad, I saw the mama bird flying away from the nest! I hope she comes back!

In other news, here's an approximate sample of the fabric for my nursery chair:

No comments: