Thursday, April 14, 2011

Nesting

No, this isn't about the bird's nest that I disturbed on Tuesday. It's about my pregnancy. I have reached the nesting stage.
It's funny, but I am obsessed (in a good way) about creating the space for baby Clementine. I have a strong desire to paint one wall in the nursery (I would paint it a darker shade of lavender, as an accent wall). There's no need to do this. I want to buy furniture. I want to get new carpet. I want, I want, I want. Worst of all: I do not want to do anything else. All other responsibilities have lost their interest for me.
I'm not beating myself up, I'm just observing and accepting. Of course, life goes on. I have obligations to fulfill. And I'm fulfilling them. But in my heart, I'm filling a nursery with butterflies and furniture and pillows.

1 comment:

Kerry said...

I'm starting to hope that you actually name her Clementine.