Friday, March 13, 2009

high schoolers

Tonight is the high school lock-in. I'm chaperone and co-leader. And I'm pretty excited.
Now, there is some stress involved - I'm hoping we have enough drivers for the scavenger hunt, I'm hoping that everyone has fun and stays safe, etc.
But overall, I'm just excited. I like hanging out with high schoolers. I love their energy, their passion for relationships, their ability to act coolly mature in one moment and act like a 10 year old kid in the next. I love the fact that they have moved past the "trying to be funny" stage into the "actually funny" stage. Seriously, I don't know why so many people don't want to help out with high schoolers! Because that's the really interesting thing - aside from me, the leader, and one or two other people, NO ONE wants to help out with them. I guess this is where people find their niches in working with kids of different ages.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So did you survive the lock in?

Elaine said...

oh yes, great fun