Monday, June 8, 2009

7 Quick Weekend Takes

1. I spent 6 hours on Saturday in class, took a nap, went out to dinner, and then watched Lord of the Rings. I also found time to wash and change the bed sheets. Yes, I rock.
2. Sunday I had a great time singing, had lunch with a friend, and then got to go to the Farmer's Market with Dale. Yummm! They have peaches and blueberries and strawberries and zucchini and squash as well as baked goods and candy and flowers. I just love going there.
3. We also went to the hardware store where I searched for a biologically friendly bug solution to the slugs eating my basil. We found nothing.
4. Instead, we filled a plastic can lid (the kind you use to cover cat food cans) with old beer and drowned the slugs. Seems to work ok.
5. I didn't get my Sunday afternoon nap, but I managed to survive.
6. Dale and I watched Two Towers Sunday evening.
7. Tonight I will be watching a movie with the high schoolers, so we'll have to wait at least 1 more day before finishing the trilogy.

No comments: