Thursday, June 11, 2009

Danged old Squirrels!

To those of you who doubted that my squirrels are uprooting my plants, I offer this photo.

On Tuesday morning, I had two lovely clumps of mondo grass, happily growing in my shade grotto of a backyard. Today I witnessed what can be seen in the photo. I defy you to say that was a natural death of a clump on mondo grass!
The only question that remains is my response. I am sorely tempted to take up arms against the heinous squirrels, to declare war and commit valiant efforts to scare, sicken, and drive off these rats with furry tails. Yet I am a pacifist, committed to the restoration of the world in accordance with God's will. Perhaps I ought to go WITH the squirrels. After all, water destroys rock, and trees which bend survive hurricanes. What do you think? Destroy, or nurture?

2 comments:

Mom said...

Now, having seen the hole, I think you have moles. That's a mole hole. You need an outside cat!

Elaine said...

Can we borrow grady for a while?