Sunday, November 8, 2009

Patience

I really want to be patient. I really want to be patient and kind and loving and Christ-like when I'm in line at the grocery store. It's just that I have really, really bad luck. I always pick the slowest lane. For example, the lane I picked there was a woman checking out, then a family with maybe 20 items in their cart. Seemed like a good lane. But the woman checking out was buying groceries for about 20 people, seriously. I think it took 10 minutes just for her to check out. Then the people in front of me whipped out coupons, probably 1 coupon for every single item in their cart. And of course, the cashier only had 1 working hand, so that slowed everything down. And of course, one of the coupons wasn't good, so he had to give it back and she had to examine it. That was another 7 - 8 minutes at least. At least 2 other people who got in lines after me were checked out in the time it took me to get to the cash register.
At least once I was there God gave me grace and I was able to smile and be friendly to the cashier, as I bagged my own groceries (note: must always take Dale to grocery store with me to bag!).
But I swear, if you are EVER shopping with me and there are multiple check out lines, just don't ask me to pick one. I will, guaranteed, pick out the slowest line.

1 comment:

Mom said...

I didn't take you to the grocery store often enough for you to pick up the required skills. You're supposed to watch the lanes carefully so you can spring to a better one when it opens!