Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Fertile No More

Today was the day that Duchess said goodbye to her womanly parts (as Dale puts it). She has gained a little more weight (5.5 pounds) and we got her in just in time: the vet said she was about to go into heat! That would've been confusing for my neutered boys. She also had a loose tooth pulled - apparently kittens have baby teeth, who knew?
So I picked her up and the vet told me to keep her isolated and stop her from jumping on things. I thought, have you MET my kitten? First of all, whenever we isolate her, she goes to the bathroom. Outside the litter box. In fact, right NEXT to the litter box, just so you know that she's doing it on purpose. So I currently have her isolated from the other kitties in my office with me. That will work until tomorrow morning when I leave the house. :) Now, as to the jumping, that's just crazy. The first thing she did when she got home was to run around the house and start jumping on things. The 1 inch incision doesn't seem to bother her one bit. I guess we could try and keep her from jumping on the bookshelf, but I have to say the odds aren't good.
But none of that really matters - she's home and healthy and jumping around!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Move! Liberty for Duchess.