Monday, June 23, 2008

Can You Tell Me?

Based on the recommendation of my friend Kerry, I will be doing a series of posts on this excellent book, published in 1950. Dale and I have thoroughly enjoyed this book, handed down to us by a family member, learning many things that we wished we had known when we were children.
The first section of the book is "Can You Tell Me About Myself?" and the first chapter within it is "Where Did I Come From?" In this chapter we learn the following:
"When God made the first man, Adam, He made him out of dust, and breathed life into him. When God made the first lady, Eve, He made her out of one of the bones - a rib - of Adam."
This is really enlightening. What I've learned from this is that men are dirt, and women should be skinny because they are made from a rib. Thank you, Dena Korfker!

(PS - If this seems a bit mean-spirited, just wait til you hear some of the really good quotes...)

6 comments:

Kerry said...

This is my favorite book ever. Let me take it to India and confuse people. We'll make Christians out of them yet!!

Anonymous said...

This is the best use of this book that I could imagine. I can hardly wait til you get to death!

Kerry said...

Death was my favorite one... is that the one with the puppy??

Christina Regule said...

Hey Elaine: Regarding this book wisdom, here's a creative riddle:

"Why did God put Adam to sleep when He gave him Eve?"

"No man enters marriage with his eyes open."

Dale?

Anonymous said...

Um...well...um

Some say that I entered marriage not only blind, but deaf, mute, and half beaten into submission by my wife anyway.

She does have the Lord on her side afterall...

Dale

Elaine said...

I am so going to kick your butt when I see you tonight...