Thursday, June 19, 2008

Rejection

I got a rejection email this week. It didn't bother me. That's two rejections so far. I figure that, as a writer, I have several hundred rejections to go. And of course, this week I attended the funeral of a friends' nine year old daughter. So you could say I have a lot of perspective about little things like rejections.
There's also this little voice inside my head that's telling me to relax. Take my time. It's a stomach knot whenever I research literary magazines. I don't know yet if this voice is fear or my creativity: fear about putting myself out there or creativity wanting time to develop and grow.
I think it's creativity.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't remember how many rejections Madeleine L'Engle got before she was published, but it was a lot. You're in good company, and you'll be published eventually. Keep writing!