Monday, August 25, 2008

The Gym

We have joined a gym. It's pretty exciting, this gym thing. We went yesterday just before closing time and I had my first experience with an elliptical machine - something the doctor has recommended for a while.
The elliptical was weird. It was like jogging in slow motion. I kept forgetting to relax my knees and so when the foot pads came up, my hips would twist as my stiff leg moved up. Bizarre. The best part, of course, is that after 5 minutes my LEFT knee started feeling weird. My RIGHT knee, the one I went to the doctor about last week, was feeling just great. But the LEFT knee is now complaining. I think it's jealous of all the attention Righty's been getting. Ahh, so complicated.
Anyway, I'm going back today. I'm going to learn how to do arm weights at the gym and do my 100 triceps extensions today. Cause I'm hardcore like that!

4 comments:

Kerry said...

Being hardcore is going around.

Erin Brown said...

That's EXACTLY what I thought!

Elaine said...

Oh yeah, totally.

Anonymous said...

Be hard core if you must, but go gently. Your knees will thank you.