Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Why is healthy eating so unfulfilling?

And I do mean unfulFILLing. I had a salad for lunch. It was quite a large salad - probably 1.5 to 2 cups of spring mix lettuce alone. It had chicken, almonds, and edamame, along with mandarin oranges and a ginger soy dressing. Good solid protein there. Yet I am starving, very very hungry. Worst part: I was hungry less than an hour after eating the salad.
On the plus side, I went to Teavana (lunch at the mall) and got myself 2 caffeine free teas to enjoy. I'm gonna go enjoy one of them with a serving of peanut butter M&M's (270 calories and very filling).

1 comment:

Ginger said...

So you and Victor share affinity for peanut butter M&Ms while I prefer peanut or dark. Though I will admit I bought some for him last week and they are easy to eat fast. But if you're actually sticking to the serving size rather than eating 1/2 or more of the bag...well you score some sort of health point there I think.