Friday, May 22, 2009

7 quick takes

1. I'm napping a lot these days. The skylights have a patch of sunlight that travels right along the sofa in the living room - perfect place for an afternoon nap!
2. Napping is important today, because Dale and I are going to the Imax version of Star Trek tonight, at 11:15 pm!
3. I'm working on offloading a bunch of my digital pictures to CD, but first I'm trying to make a DVD of them. If only I could do that and take a nap at the same time, all would be well...
4. I have to write a 5 page paper on my cultural background. I'm finding it a challenge, being as I'm white, American, middle class, etc. Hard to see your cultural heritage when it's all around you.
5. I noticed a freshly dug hole next to my mondo grass planting this morning. I'll be "fertilizing" it with some cat poop later today. I swear, my squirrels are out to get me.
6. The squirrels are eating our house - did we mention that? We've actually sat and watched them eat our siding. Yummy cedar...
7. I ordered teacup display stands yesterday! I can't wait for them to arrive so I can finally display my inherited tea cup collection.
BONUS: I'm digging up a friend's excess violets this weekend and planting them in my fully shaded backyard. The ones I already have are doing well, and the squirrels don't eat them!

1 comment:

Momo said...

What kind of tea cup stands? Where are you going to display them? Grandmother would love to see a picture when the project is done.