Friday, May 30, 2008

Mr. Dyson was Right

Mr. Dyson was right. He's been predicting this all along. He even took out television ads to inform me and warn me before it was too late. But I was oblivious, happily ignoring his ads. Still, it cannot be denied. My vacuum cleaner has lost suction.
I was reminded, today, of a joke I read somewhere - it's not my joke but I can't remember the originator. About why is it that people pick up trash from the carpet while vacuuming, look at it, then put it back down and run the vacuum over it. Why not just throw it away while it's in your hand? Well, I felt like I might have to run my hands over my rugs today in order to clean up after the vacuum. No suction. Oh, and it's not that the bag is full - I checked that.
Obviously, we need a new vacuum cleaner, which raises a new set of questions. Because, realistically speaking, where are we going to get a vacuum cleaner not made in China?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

From Mr. Dyson, perhaps?

Kerry said...

I am trying to determine the highlight of my day... your blog entry or the guy wearing the Superman cape at the coffee place this morning. It's a toss up.

Elaine said...

Brilliant update!
1) The QVC website gives a country of origin for ALL products they sell - easy way to research items before buying.
2) Dirt Devil vacuums are all made in the USA. Woohoo!

Erin Brown said...

I think that was Ellen's joke.